Paypal Online Casinos For Australian Players
Do you find Australian casino banking confusing mate? Relax. I am here to help you with one of the banking options offered by top online casinos—Paypal.
Paypal is an online payment processing service that has been around for ages. Though safe, secure, trusted, and popular, many online casinos do not accept Paypal for reasons I will explain later. First, let us talk about choosing a Paypal casino.
available in all casinos
150% Up To 300AUD + 150 FS
100% Up To 500AUD + 100 FS
100% Up To 250AUD + 30 FS
Paypal Casinos Overview
You should be extra careful about signing up at casinos that accept Paypal as online gambling is unregulated in Australia. The only option available to you is signing up at online casinos licensed in offshore jurisdictions. There are many rogue Australian casinos out there that pretend to be licensed and reputable just to separate you from your hard-earned money.
So stay safe and stick to the casinos with Paypal that I recommend. I consider many factors such as games, software, bonus offers, licensing, ownership, and others before recommending a casino. And I never recommend online casinos I have not played at.
Now, I would like to make the following disclaimer: Even if a casino offers Paypal as a payment method, you cannot use Paypal to deposit. You may sign up at a Paypal casino, but it will hide this method from you.
That’s why I strongly recommend Bitcoin for Australian players. It is safe, reliable, fast, and affordable, allowing you to deposit and withdraw without revealing your financial details.
Why choose a Paypal online casino
As we all have already understood, Paypal is out of the question for Australian players, how will you deposit and withdraw at an Australian online casino? Here are a few Paypal Alternatives for you to consider:
- Visa & MasterCard: Although you can successfully deposit with Visa & MasterCard credit and debit cards, you may not be able to withdraw your winnings to your card. In such cases, you have to withdraw your winnings through bank transfer. Although safe and reliable, the processing time for bank transfers may be anywhere from 3 – 7 days. Also, bank transfer withdrawals are charged.
- Neosurf: Neosurf is similar to Paysafecard. You can purchase Neosurf prepaid cards over the counter and use them to deposit at casinos. However, you cannot use Neosurf as a withdrawal option.
- POLi: POLi is a leading online payment processor in Australia, allowing you to transfer funds from your online banking account to providers of products and services. It’s secure and free of charge. POLi is available as a casino deposit and withdrawal method.
- Bank Transfer: Australian online casinos usually offer bank transfers as a withdrawal option. As I already mentioned above, you can withdraw your winnings through bank transfer if you are unable to do so through your Visa or MasterCard credit/debit card.
- Bitcoin: In my opinion, Bitcoin is the best casino payment option for Aussies. Once you get the hang of it, depositing and withdrawing with Bitcoin is very easy. Moreover, Bitcoin is based on a system that makes it secure, reliable, and affordable.
You can use Paypal alternatives, such as Bitcoin, without revealing your financial details to the online casino. Account verification also becomes unnecessary when you choose Bitcoin as your payment method. Since Bitcoin is not under the control of any government or bank, casinos can use it without worrying about compliance issues.
Top-3 best Paypal casinos for Aussies
Despite the fact that you will not see Paypal within your payment options, we can still discuss your online gambling options and the Australian casinos that can offer you one of the best experiences on the market.
One of the first casinos that comes to my mind is King Billy. At this casino, you can get a very generous welcome bonus that will be spread between the first four of your casino deposits.
So, the rules for this bonus would be like this:
- For the first deposit, you can get 100% up to 800 dollars together with 200 free spins
- For the second deposit, the bonus will increase your winnings 50% up to 300$
- For the last two deposits, the conditions would be the same — you will be able to get 25% up to 450 dollars in both deposits
At King Billy online casino, making deposits is possible via Neosurf or Visa cards.
The second casino on the list of the best Australian online casinos that I would like to discuss is a Rich Casino. When signing here, you can also get yourself a welcome bonus that will multiply the win made within your first deposit by 200% and give your free spins that would be worth 25 dollars.
And as for the payment options at Rich Casino, you can, of course, use Visa and MasterCards for that.
But if you are more of a fan of unusual payment methods, you can use one of the following:
Finally, the third casino that you will learn about today is a Golden Star Casino. When playing at this casino, you will be provided with a great variety of payment methods to choose from, starting from traditional debit cards and ending with different types of e-wallets.
In addition, there are a lot of currencies to choose from when gambling, Australian dollars included. As for the welcome bonus at Golden Star, you will also receive one in this Australian online casino, and it will work 3 times when making deposits, but a bit different.
For example, for the first deposit, you will get 100% above it, for the second one — 75 per cent, and for the third one — 50 per cent. In each case, you will need to meet the minimum deposit and wagering requirements.
How to pick the best Paypal online casino?
The things that you should check when looking for the best online casinos for you will not differ because of a payment method, at least not so much.
The first thing that you should check is the casino's licensing, and whether there is one or not. If the answer is no then you definitely should not choose to play at such a casino further, as you do not have any grounds for believing that the games are fair or that the casino will return you the money and the winnings.
But if the casino seems to be legitimate, all that you will need to check after that is the things that are important for you. For example, some people really need cryptocurrencies available as deposit methods or a currency with which they are allowed to gamble online.
But for others, this is not as crucial as the variety of games presented: for quite professional gamblers it might be hard to find casino games that are still interesting. And a third, entirely separate category of people, will need multiple bonuses to name the casino their favourite one.
See my point? After checking for the trustworthiness and legitimacy of Australian online casinos, simply look for the things important to you and find the best online casinos that accept your payment method or anything else.
Pros & cons of Paypal online casino
Although you most probably cannot find casinos that accept PayPal, it still might be crucial to know the pros and cons of these payment methods.
With this in mind, please look at them below. Who knows where else you would need Paypal?
Being one of the oldest e-wallets existing in the market, and at the same time, one of the safest payment methods on the web, with multiple encryptors of your data and the possibility to turn on an additional one with the help of a Security key.
In addition, you can definitely trust PayPal, as it has one of the biggest amounts of clients that keeps growing every day. There are more than 300 million of them, can you believe that?
What is more, you have an opportunity to use Paypal within any of your gadgets, be it your mobile devices, laptop, or PC. And there are no deposit or withdrawal limits with Paypal — you can transfer any amount that you want.
Benefits of paying by bitcoin in online casinos in Australia
Here, I would like to add a word about Bitcoin casinos. Top-rated Bitcoin online casinos offer special bitcoin bonuses to players who deposit with Bitcoin. This is an added benefit if you choose Bitcoin as your preferred payment method.
In addition, you will have higher security and anonymity of your personal information, as all of the transactions made with Bitcoin are held online and most of the casinos do not need your data when using Bitcoin for deposits and withdrawals.
What is more, the transaction fees will be lower than the average ones, and you will have an opportunity to use Bitcoin wherever you are. Bitcoin is not restricted in any country, which means that you can deposit with it from any place into any casino that supports cryptocurrencies.
As Paypal is currently not available for Aussies, I would recommend Bitcoin as an alternative to it.
As for the disadvantages, there are three main ones:
- There is a limited amount of casinos that accept Paypal, which might be a problem for its users
- The number of countries accepting Paypal is also quite low
- Fees of Paypal can be really high, as there is almost no transaction that can be done without them, and there is an additional fixed fee for transactions made overseas
How does Paypal work
PayPal is basically an app programmed to help manage your money and make the transferring process much easier. You simply need to deposit the money to your Paypal wallet, and then use it to buy different kinds of goods and services online or even in shops, as Paypal is a widely accepted payment system.
Initially, Paypal was launched for online businesses to make it easier for business owners to receive online payments for products and services online. Despite its popularity at shopping sites such as Amazon and eBay, not many online casinos offer Paypal because of its strict policies regarding real money gambling.
This is because casino operators have to satisfy two major requirements before offering Paypal at online casinos as a payment method:
- They should receive Paypal’s approval to use its services.
- They and their customers should be located in jurisdictions that have legalized and regulated online gambling.
While an Australia friendly Paypal casino may not list Paypal as an accepted online payment method for its Australian customers, it may make Paypal available on request. So I suggest contacting the online casino’s customer support and asking them if it accepts Paypal.
In most cases, online casinos may not accept Paypal deposits, but they may allow you to withdraw funds to your Paypal account on request.
How to play at Paypal Online Casinos
As with any other online casino, your gambling online process is quite easy.
All that you would need to do is the following steps:
- Register in a casino of your choice or log in if you already have an account there
- Deposit the money to your casino account with one of the accepted deposit methods
- Choose a game that you would like to play in
- See if there are any bonuses to play in such a game
- Start playing online
- Withdraw money in case of a win
See? There is nothing hard about your playing process in Australian online casinos or any others.
Paypal Online Casino Bonuses and Free Spins
The types of Bonuses at Paypal casino sites or any others do not depend on the payment systems available but on the casinos themselves.
There are three main bonuses that you can see at any casino, namely Welcome, No deposit, and Free spins bonuses.
Welcome bonuses, as you could have already understood, are given to you once when you register at the casino for the first time and they help you multiply the deposit that you made on the game. Also, some of them even give you a certain amount of free spins.
No deposit section of the bonuses allows you not to make any bets on the game, and hence, not to lose anything in case of bad luck. This means not only that you will not lose, but that you can actually win something for free!
And finally, Free spins promotions give you an opportunity to make a free spin on online pokies. They work similarly to the no deposit section of the bonuses, but only on slots.
Most of the bonuses will be given without any promo codes. Some will require them. Others will be given as a part of the casinos' loyalty programs.
Best Games at Paypal online casino
By now, you must have understood that a casino needs to be licensed in the country before it can partner with Paypal. So Paypal casinos are the best in the industry. You can expect some big bonus offers with easy-to-understand terms.
And it’s not just bonuses. Casinos with Paypal also offer great online pokies from well-known software providers. They don’t even force you to register and deposit before you can play. You can play for free without registering as long as you wish.
If you are looking for the list of the favourite casino games developed in 2021 or a bit earlier, then look at the following list:
- Dragon's Luck. This game's atmosphere is definitely one of the unique ones on the market, as you will be immersed in Chinese mythology when playing it. And together with such a plot, you will also meet every slot feature that is required from online pokies: reels, pay lines, free spins, and so on.
- Pink Elephants is another great finding of mine. In this game, you will play in a remarkably colourful jungle atmosphere that also provides you with 6 reels and more than 4,000 pay lines. In addition, Pink Elephants has a very solid RTP — 96%.
- Tiki Fruits Totem Frenzy — an unusual name for a unique game. In this slot machine, you will be located on a tropical island with lots of various fruits surrounding you. With a single bet made at Tiki Fruits, you can win quite a lot of money, as well as have no restrictions on the number of clusters created by you.
- Big Bad Wolf may not have an impressive plot and design, but it is still worth your attention, as this game does everything that it can to make sure that you win some money and prolong the game if needed. With a minimum bet being equal to less than a dollar and a jackpot that can be as high as 125.000$, no wonder people love this slot so much.
- Game of Thrones is not a new game, but it has a plot that will attract millions of gamblers every month! This one may not have the coolest mechanism lying behind it, but it provides with 0.01$ minimum bet for a spin, which means that you can try your luck as much as you want and have higher chances to win something in the end.
Frequently Asked Questions — FAQ
What is Paypal and how does it work?
Paypal is a simple, fast, and secure way of receiving and sending funds online. You only need an email address to send money to someone through Paypal.
To use Paypal, you have to first create an account at Paypal and register your bank account or credit card on the service. Then, you can use the recipient’s email address to transfer money to their Paypal account. The recipient can make a money transfer to their bank account.
Can I deposit with Paypal on mobile devices?
Since several mobile casinos accept Paypal, you can easily deposit money on the move. You can use Paypal on your smartphone or tablet just as you use it on your desktop computer. Around 58% of smartphone owners use Paypal to make payments.
Can I use Paypal to withdraw my winnings?
Withdrawing winnings through Paypal is just as easy as depositing with Paypal. However, Paypal is not available for withdrawals at all online casinos. If you sign up at an online casino that accepts Paypal as a withdrawal option, follow these steps to withdraw your winnings:
- Verify your account details and navigate to the casino cashier.
- Choose Paypal as your preferred withdrawal method.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw and any other required detail.
- When your winnings appear in your Paypal account, you can withdraw them to your bank account.
Why is Paypal not available to Australian online casino players?
Paypal is available only in gambling jurisdictions that have granted an operating license to the online casinos. For example, online casinos licensed in the UK can legally accept Paypal deposits from players residing in the UK, but not in any other country.
As far as online gambling is concerned, Australia is a gray jurisdiction. It does not license or authorise any operator to offer online gambling services within its borders. If you are an online casino player living in Australia, you have to sign up and play at online casinos licensed in offshore jurisdictions.
Since you do not live in a country that has licensed online casinos, it cannot accept Paypal deposits from you.
Why is Bitcoin a great alternative to Paypal?
Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and digital payment system that is not under the control of any bank, government, or financial institution. This leaves online casinos free to accept Bitcoin deposits even from players residing in countries that have not legalised online gambling.
Bitcoin online transactions are fast, highly affordable, and anonymous. You can use Bitcoin to deposit money without sharing your financial details with the online casinos.
Is there any possibility of Paypal being available as a casino payment method in the future?
Although I cannot say for sure, Paypal e-wallet may be available as a casino payment method in Australia in the future. But this will happen only if the government of Australia legalises and regulates its online casino gaming industry.
Which is the best online casino for Australian players?
I cannot declare any casino as the best one for Australian players because it depends on what you want. The best online casino for you is the one that offers your favourite online casino games, offers great bonuses that are easy for you to clear, and helps you whenever you need it.
I invite you to read my exhaustive reviews of all the Australian online casinos I recommend and to choose one that best suits your requirements.
What is the Best Paying Online Casino in Australia?
There is no way to determine which casinos will pay you the biggest amount of money, as it all depends on their bonuses and wagering requirements which could be changed by the casinos.
Can you Gamble with a PayPal Account?
You can, but only in certain countries that are supported by Paypal. Australia is not on this list, unfortunately. You can try to withdraw to Paypal, but depositing is definitely not on the list of payment options for Aussies.
Why do so Many People in Australia Select PayPal?
Because it is a convenient system that allows you to make purchases very easily. With the help of Paypal, you do not need to enter your bank account information every time you make an online purchase.
Is PayPal a Safe Payment Method?
Yes, it is. Paypal has a very solid encryption system for your data, and it provides you with an additional level of security called a Security key, which you can turn on if necessary.
Besides, Paypal is one of the oldest e-wallets on the market and is trusted by millions of people throughout the world. They would not have continued to use it if it did not provide secure payments.
Is PayPal a Preferred Method of Payment Compared to Credit/Debit Cards?
It depends on your goals. If we are talking about gambling, Australians do not even have a choice to use Paypal e-wallet, so yes, debit or credit cards would be their preferred payment method.
However, if we are talking about using Paypal in your everyday life, you may find it much more convenient, especially in comparison to any bank card.
Am I subjected to fees when using PayPal?
Yes, you are. As it was already mentioned in the article, there is almost no type of online transactions that would be made without Paypal fees. This is something that we all have to deal with when using Paypal.
Can I use PayPal when playing from a mobile phone?
Since there are a few online casinos that accept Paypal, you can easily withdraw the money on the move. You can use Paypal on your smartphone or tablet just as you use it on your desktop computer. Around 58% of smartphone owners use Paypal to make payments.
Can I use Paypal to withdraw my winnings?
Withdrawing money through Paypal is just as easy as depositing with Paypal. However, depositing with Paypal at online casinos is not possible.
If you sign up at an online casino that accepts Paypal as one of the withdrawal options, follow these steps to withdraw your winnings: verify your account details and navigate to the casino cashier, choose Paypal as your preferred withdrawal method, and enter the amount you want to withdraw and any other required details.
When your winnings appear in your Paypal account, you can withdraw them to your bank account.